Transcript of talk given in the Willow Creek Ward, March 24, 2024 As you guys know I just returned from my mission last week. My experiences on my mission have been amazing. It’s hard to describe and difficult to express just how unique, how wonderful a mission is. And it’s hard, you can’t express it in 20 minutes, you can’t express it in an hour. But today I wanted to talk about having faith to move mountains. Having faith in Jesus Christ to move the mountains in our lives. When I had just arrived in Iceland, the first month of being in Iceland there was a rededication of the land, or not a rededication of the land, a rededication of ourselves, of the members and the missionaries to the work, to sharing the gospel, to fulfilling our covenants and lifting each other up. And to do so, Elder Kapishke, who was a former member of the area presidency, there came. Elder Kapishke is amazing. He’s given a few General Conference talks. If you have a chance I’d definitely recommen...
Sæll and sæl! This week has been so long! So much has happened. I got my travel plans! I check into the travel office at the MTC on monday at 3 30am! Hopefully I wake up. It was a whole mess and a half to get everything squared away. So last tuesday my name got submitted for reassignment because my visa wasn´t in yet. On wednesday I got it, so I didn't need to be reassigned. Thursday I got my reassignment to San Jose California, but I got my visa so I didn't need to go. Friday I got travel plans to leave Tuesday the 10th, but monday I got updated travel plans to leave the 9th for Iceland. I'm so excited. Also, I finally figured out how to swap between keyboards (Icelandic and English) on this bluetooth keyboard my dad so wisely told me to bring. Thank you so much Father. Ég sagði á vinni Kennaris á Íslensku og þau sagði ég tala mjög goður! If I did that right it says "I talked to friends of my teacher in Icelandic and they said that I speak very well"! that'...
Good morning! We got our transfer information! I'm going to Akureyri with elder Wittle! It's gonna be super awesome. Elder Wittle and I are the newest missionaries on Iceland, and Akureyri is 5.5 hours from any other missionaries, so it's gonna be such an amazing opportunity for us to grow. Akureyri's area is huge, It's a 10 hour drive to get from one end to the other, but it doesn't have a car, so most of it will just be inaccesible but it should be so amazing! I fly there tuesday. 3 nephi 8:18 - There's been several hundred earthquakes within the past 72 hours! They're coming off the coast of Keflavík where the volcano is. It likely means that it's about to erupt! Mom, no need to be worried, it's not in a dangerous location ;). Worst case scenario they close the airports for a little bit. This week was pretty awesome! We spent most of saturday filming for that dance video, but all the filming should be done now. When we got back to the chu...
Comments
Post a Comment